Saturday 18 June 2011

Memoirs Of a Muddle Head


Something strange at a distance I can see, 
On a deserted road in a desert. 
It becomes clearer every inch I get closer to it,
But still mysterious it remains, till i am there.
The closer i get, the more intense it gets, like fumes from the burning surface of a tar road on a day 45degree Celsius
The moment of truth was a heart beat away, I was going to be witnessing the phenomenon  in the most agonising 30 seconds of my life. 
And as i was nearing it, it was disappearing.
My belief that it existed was in a confusion of conflict and doubt. 
But then there I was, standing,
With my fingers wiping the only tear of disbelief. I ask my father what it was ?
And he said "its a mirage my boy, deceptive as death and fatal as deception."
I was six and it was the worst day of my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment